Update, 5/18

Swim season is over-- it ended yesterday with the annual BBQ, which entailed amazing burgers and numerous awards, gifts for coaches and farewells to seniors. A bittersweet ending as usual. I can honestly say that the amazing passion of our coaches and the incredible camaraderie of our team made life worthwhile the past three months. 


But as with all good television shows, swim season takes a yearlong hiatus. And with this newfound break come different responsibilities. Because of the rigorous daily practices, I dismissed the notion of watching my calorie consumption, assuming that whatever ghastly foods I absorbed would 'burn' themselves off. I let my mom go off on her weekly hikes alone, and said goodbye to the gym and park. 

No more. Hello FitDay (a calorie and nutrient counter), hola elliptical, adieu rowing machine, zdravstvuite daily trials and tribulations. I've returned to the real world, where calories don't vanish by themselves and muscles atrophy. 

As the homebound contestants of The Biggest Loser know, falling into old habits is effortless. But once they realize that they are worth it, they make the choice to set a path where it is more difficult to veer off-- by putting frozen yogurt in the freezer, and weighing themselves every week. 

"Willpower is overrated," Jillian Michaels declares, "you eliminate the need for it by destroying the temptation."



2 Comments:

  1. S T said...
    Everytime I read your posts, I feel SAD because I know I will NEVER be able to write as well as you!
    Miss Red said...
    swimming is on a

    ...


    HIATUS!!

    =)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home